Back pain

shawn

Well for the past nearly 20 years I've suffered from mild to severe back pain. I've talked to about a dozen doctors about this. The first time it happened they shot cortisone into my lower back muscles which were having severe muscles spasms at the time they did it. He told me it was probably from repressed stress. I've also been told it was probably from an old injury. The last one told me it was my sacroiliac.

Now here's the interesting part. All these conditions are back problems and the doctors tell you to relax and get plenty of rest and not to exert yourself.

Now yesterday I missed work and my brother girlfriend was home who happens to be a nurse. Well I let her know I was home and not working so she wouldn't think it was a burglar or something. Well we talked and I told her how my back hurt and how my leg was a little swollen. She tell me that wasn't a back problem but I had a problem with my sciatic nerve located at the top of the butt and went down the back of the legs.

I then went onto Google immediately and low and behold it was exactly what my symptoms were. Funny thing is I've had about 12 doctors tell me it was my back and to rest and it ends up being my sciatic nerve.

Now the thing is if you rest with a sciatic nerve problems is that resting is the thing you absolutely don't want to do but instead stretch your hamstrings and walk around to improve the circulation. If you sit or lie down your muscles tighten up and as has happened time and again it results in muscle strains and even pulled muscles and inflammation like you wouldn't believe.

So finally to the hospital that is up the street and has caused the premature deaths of 3 of my relatives from total misdiagnosis, FUCK YOU YOU FUCKEN MORONS. :banghead:

I feel so much better now posting this.

Hmm...I'm no doctor, but I wonder (since you say stretching can help) if some light Yoga might do you some good. I used to wake up with my back feeling all out of sorts quite a bit, but since I started doing Yoga, I never have back problems. It's like freaking magic for me. ;) You ought to ask her about that.

Hmm...I'm no doctor, but I wonder (since you say stretching can help) if some light Yoga might do you some good. I used to wake up with my back feeling all out of sorts quite a bit, but since I started doing Yoga, I never have back problems. It's like freaking magic for me. ;) You ought to ask her about that.

It was the yoga though I can't do those stretches at my age and I'm kind of stuck with the most basic ones at this time. I also recommend that anyone that sits in front of a PC for more than a couple hours should stretch because it will catch up with them eventually and waking up with a sore back daily is no fun at all. Hell I have woken up for the past 10 years after 4 to 5 hrs sleep and not been able to get back to sleep for over a 1/2 hr at the earliest if I could sleep again at all that night for at least 8 years now. It's kind of a ritual getting up a 4 or 5 AM and sitting there waiting for the pain to subside. I imagine this will stop happening after a week or maybe a month after I loosen up the muscles more and the other muscles heal up from the constant spasms and minor strains for all these years. Time to stretch now since I've been sitting for a couple hours now.

Well yeah, I mean that when I say light Yoga. You'd be best off starting with the easier ones anyway. It's not good to jump right into the advanced ones.

Well yeah, I mean that when I say light Yoga. You'd be best off starting with the easier ones anyway. It's not good to jump right into the advanced ones.

I can almost touch my palms to the floor after 2 days. I think I better lose some weight and read the introduction to yoga for a month or 2 first. :lol:

Fun Fact: The rise of back pain in America directly coincides with the rise of fat fucks. I'm not saying that there's necessarily a collation in this particular case but if you're more than 10 pounds overweight, you probably deserve back pain.

Fun Fact: The rise of back pain in America directly coincides with the rise of fat fucks. I'm not saying that there's necessarily a collation in this particular case but if you're more than 10 pounds overweight, you probably deserve back pain.

Little known fact, back pain can be associated with getting older and working hard so you might want to use some common sense and logic before repeating something you heard or read like it was the word of god and the only reason something happened. :cool:

Also if you read at all my original post the reason I had pain at all is because of multiple doctors totally misdiagnosing my problem and telling me to do the exact opposite of what was required to relieve my pain.

If by "repeating something heard or read like it was the word of god" you mean relating well known medical facts that I've had personal experience, then I'm confused. If you meant something else by it, then you're just stupid.

If you'd done the research you claim to have done then you should be aware that sciatic nerve problems are a symptom of a bigger problem, not the problem in and of itself. And while back pain can be associated with getting older and working harder, being a worthless fat fuck will accelerate those issues significantly.

If by "repeating something heard or read like it was the word of god" you mean relating well known medical facts that I've had personal experience, then I'm confused. If you meant something else by it, then you're just stupid.

If you'd done the research you claim to have done then you should be aware that sciatic nerve problems are a symptom of a bigger problem, not the problem in and of itself. And while back pain can be associated with getting older and working harder, being a worthless fat fuck will accelerate those issues significantly.

Well like a woman I guess you are testing me. I guess you either are looking for some attention or some manly loving. OK you can be my bitch honey but I'm not giving you a commitment just ass sex so bend over. :hearton:

Indeed. Let's just agree that Shawn is sharing his knowledge on the sciatic nerve that his doctor's have overlooked and that being overweight is bad for the back (though it is not the only cause of backpain).

Because that is all that is going on here, and this is getting pointless.

actually, the rise in back pain is an american statistic, and boobies in america are getting bigger every day, giving the women of usa more back pain, in turn, creating the staggering statistic , since , women outnumber men 2 to 1. So.. Bend him over shawn, he could use some Accupuncture xD

actually, the rise in back pain is an american statistic, and boobies in america are getting bigger every day, giving the women of usa more back pain, in turn, creating the staggering statistic , since , women outnumber men 2 to 1. So.. Bend him over shawn, he could use some Accupuncture xD

Also the number of women that constantly wear highheel shoe including those shoes with the large boot heels to make there ass look bigger is a big cause. I don't see why since I like small boobs and a tiny butt myself on a woman. I see a big ass on a woman and I'm thinking cellulite, stretch marks, and a thong that is getting browner by the second. :)

Shawn, we were all happy thinking about big boobies until you showed up </3

But I still loves you lol

Shawn, we were all happy thinking about big boobies until you showed up </3

But I still loves you lol

Just do a google image search, no filtering adult content and the search is for

Little Lupe

She is of age to and cuter than hell and best yet NSFW.

My gift for messing up your imagination.

If you like her try searching for her vids on tube sites. ;)

This reminds me of my story with the US medical system. For years I hard periodic episodes of almost paralyzing pain in my head. Whenever I went to a doctor in the US, which I would the day after when I had recovered, the doctor would ask, "What hurts?"

"My neck. Something is really wrong. I fell onto the floor, vomitted and couldn't get up for 11 hours."

"Does it hurt now?"

"No."

"Then why are you here? Exercise more and get some rest. That'll be $100."

Ten years, three CAT scans, two MRIs and an MRI-A later, I now know I have an extreme form of cervical spondylosis. I could not afford these tests in the USA and my doctors refused to prescribe any—it was only after I came to China and was willing to pay for them out of pocket (MRIs are only $150 here with no insurance) that I could get the results.

Spondylosis wouldn't be such a big deal, but it is exacerbated by a congenital defect.

Apparently, among my many other congenital defects like cataracts, several of my vertebrae are actually too narrow to accommodate my spinal cord. This combined with an incredibly slight shifting of the vertebrae due to years of study and computer work has put my neck in a very delicate situation. Any increase in tension within my neck muscles grinds the bone against the spine causing me to completely lock up and start vomiting as the pain escalates.

The suckiest part is the initial tension causes so much pain that there all the other muscles start swelling and compounding the problem. At its peak I can actually feel pain in my eye sockets as those muscles contract.

It takes 1600mg of ibuprofen and 4 hours of time with a hot compress to even put a dent in the pain. I'm extremely fortunate to have a wife willing to help me reheat the compress since I almost certainly couldn't do it on my own.

Had this been detected and managed earlier, I probably would be in a much better situation. Unfortunately, the US medical system does not give a toss about preventative care. As it is now, the condition will deteriorate until I am eventually forced to go see a pain therapist or go through a dangerous surgery that would grind down the insides of my vertebrae with a laser :(

The main reason that it is dangerous isn't the risk of spinal damage, but that sandwiched between two vertebrae is the main artery to my right brain, which has atrophied so much they couldn't even find it without an MRI-A to show only veins. It is completely pinched, which puts me at some point in the future at a big risk of a stroke.

At least I'm lucky in that it was diagnosed before I started having permanent numbness in my hands and arms or paralysis.

God bless the US medical system. It's the best one money can buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The main reason that it is dangerous isn't the risk of spinal damage, but that sandwiched between two vertebrae is the main artery to my right brain, which has atrophied so much they couldn't even find it without an MRI-A to show only veins. It is completely pinched, which puts me at some point in the future at a big risk of a stroke.

How the fuck are you still alive? o_O

How the fuck are you still alive? o_O

I'll try to find and scan my MRI-A if I have time. But that's honestly a really good question.

The vein (well, I guess artery in this case) goes up, and suddenly it sharply bends and flattens out where it is caught between the two vertebrae. After that, it gets extremely thin as it continues up to the brain.

The contrast is really fucking obvious when you compare it to the one going to the left side of my brain, which is not bent and never changes diameter.

All I know is what the doctor told me, which is I'm guaranteed to have a stroke in my right hemisphere if it gets any worse, yet he still isn't recommending surgery.

UPDATE

I guess I better get these up here before someone decides to "cool story bro" me.

Hmm ... well. That doesn't look right, but nothing is obviously wrong here. Let's try a CT scan.

Well that's odd. I don't see anything taking blood to his brain. Let's try an MRI.

Man, where the fuck is it? Boy, those bones sure are awfully close to the spinal cord. But where the hell is that artery? Let's try an MRI-A.

WAAAH!!! FUCK! He's a zombie! Get him out of my office before he starts demanding braaaaaaaaains!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom