SheepShaver - 2022-07-12

martini

Super Moderator
SheepShaver had been updated:
- WebSite

"SheepShaver is an open source PowerPC Apple Macintosh emulator. Using SheepShaver (along with the appropriate ROM image) it is possible to emulate a PowerPC Macintosh computer capable of running Mac OS 7.5.2 through 9.0.4. Builds of SheepShaver are available for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
SheepShaver is considered a good replacement for the Classic Environment which is not available in the most recent versions of Mac OS X."

SheepShaver.png

Hi
I guess it is more about software preservation and amusement.

Let's suppose you remember you created an old forgotten "soon to win the Pulitzer" book in some dark word processor that only runs on that old MacOS. You can run the emulator and BOOM!!!.... open back your file and transform it into some other decent format.

Or maybe you want to run Jared 1.0

Last edited:
Hi
I guess it is more about software preservation and amusement.

Let's suppose you remember you created an old forgotten "soon to win the Pulitzer" book in some dark word processor that only runs on that old MacOS. You can run the emulator and BOOM!!!.... open back your file and transform it into some other decent format.

Or maybe you want to run Jared 1.0
Then I would figure out a way to run it on an OS that doesn't fucking suck.

Some people choose to use older software. Escape the matrix, bro!
There are lots of neat software for the older macs, for example, one application I remember would record room audio randomly and play it back randomly. Quite entertaining!

Back
Top Bottom